This face mask soothes the skin whilst thorougly cleansing it, it also has anti-bacterial qualities.
- One handful of rolled oats
(helps soothes sensitive and irritated skin whilst moisturizing with amino acids)
- Five to eight drops of Bergamot oil
(known for its antidepressant, antiseptic, antibiotic, anti-spasmodic, calmative, deodorant, therapeutic properties)
- Boiled warm water
(boiling water helps get rid of any unwanted bacteria and makes it easier to combine the ingredients)
- Grind the rolled oats in a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder to achieve a finer powder.
- Slowly add warm boiled water (the warm water helps open your pores to cleanse your skin) and mix until you have a thick paste (the sort you can form peaks in when you take out your mixing utensil).
- Add 5-8 drops of Bergamot oil to the paste and mix in.
- Apply to face and wait 15 minutes. You should feel a soft cooling sensation as it sets.
- Wash with warm water.
Try it out and tell me what you think :)
Recipe by Drusilla Crowley ©